Wednesday, June 4, 2014

And then there was the second meeting for service!

Two language learners together equals very patient householders!

While we were looking for one lady, that we never found, we found a new (to us) family from Pohnpei. They are from Kolonia. To give directions to where they used to live, they started with. "We lived near the Jehovah's Witness church." At one point in the conversation, Sylvia said, "I think it's because of (and pointed to heaven) that you and I are here together. I don't live here. I just came to see my mom." She then told us where she lived and took this month's Watchtower and May's and April's. 


Two weeks ago, while looking for another sister's return visit, we located a student that had moved. At the same door, I noticed another lady. She looked very familiar. I asked if I looked familiar to her. She said that we met each other in Pohnpei. (for about 10 minutes) This is her from a year ago. I had taken photos of her son living here in Guam to her. We also gave her the Great Teacher and Bible Teach books in Ponapean. Now the whole family is here in Guam, including the little one she is pregnant with in this photo. We have studied twice now. This is who Mandy read her first scripture with! 
There was a lady visiting her when we came. She joined the study and told us she'd been to a meeting at the Kingdom Hall before. She made sure we knew where she lived.
And finally, we found Senda. She studied years ago with Mandy's mom, Kym. She told us that she just couldn't believe that Kym was as nice as she seemed. Then, over time, she knew that she was. She's not working now and will be studying next Tuesday. Thanks, Kym!

No comments:

Post a Comment