Monday, September 24, 2012

and they lived in tents...

This humble home belongs to a woman that we are currently visiting. I met her about three weeks ago. Their home was about 100 feet from where it is now and behind a fence. She and her boyfriend greeted my partner and me and accepted a Watchtower and a Truth tract that I pushed through the fence. When Jeanny saw that it, she tossed it to her boyfriend and rolled her eyes. I asked why she did that. She said it is about the Bible and she is a Catholic. I asked if she had learned how to be happy from the Catholic church. She stared at me for a moment, then said no. I asked her to take the Truth tract and find the section about happiness. We discussed that together.  Since the paragraphs mention being conscious of our spiritual need, I asked if she knew God's name. "Of course, Jesus." We read John 17:3 to show that there are two people talked about, the son being Jesus. Then we read Psalm 83:18 to find God's name. 
The next week, she told me that she had read the Truth tract and really enjoyed it. She also remembered God's name. Oh, and her attitude was completely different. It is a difference we've seen a lot here. After reading the Bible and literature with the truth in it, people change. She is already smiling. Jeanny asked for a Bible. Finally, she was home again and readily accepted her own Bible and copy of the Bible Teach book. She is expecting me this week so we can start our study together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment